[MacDV] Re: 8MM film transfer

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 04:30:43 PST 2004

<<<If it still flickers, make the image bigger (i.e. dimmer).>>>

That's the trick. Making the image larger also helps to even out the center hotspot that
comes from the bulb. I use a small room, totally dark, with the image projected to a
matte foamboard (art supply store) about 4 feet across. The projector has a variable
speed (Many do, this one's an ELMO) so I lock the camcorder shutter at 1/60 and then
dial the projector until the flicker is gone from the video monitor. Usually the speed
change is not bothersome but if you need it perfect, then capture to Final Cut and slow
the footage back to it's true playback speed.

R.B.