External Hard Drive Issues & Questions

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Sun Jan 25 20:26:24 PST 2004

Can you capture to your internal hard disk? Some camcorders can't be
captured to external FireWire drives without major problems. I
haven't tried it lately, but I once had to reformat a new external
drive that I tried to capture video to from my Canon ZR 40. The
capture ran for a few seconds before it crashed.

There used to be a warning in the iMovie help about this, specific to
Canon camcorders. I just checked the help for iMovie 4, but didn't
find the same warning. I may have to give it another try when I'm
feeling adventurous.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>