[MacDV] Re: iDVD 4 is sloooow

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 08:55:59 PST 2004

On Jan 23, 2004, at 9:04 AM, Gregg Gorrie wrote:

> Absolutely! When the same company makes the hardware, the operating
> system,
> AND the applications, it's very easy to control the upgrade cycle.

I disagree with the idea that Apple can force upgrades in this way. Buy
Toast and an external DVD-R drive. Works with just about any Mac OS (9
on up) and just about any G3, including many upgrades. Apple in no way
has a monopoly on these things. In fact, one could argue that by
charging for iDVD etc,. Apple is actually making it easier for other
players to get into the game.

-Mike