iMovie::Overlaying Photo onto Video Track

Scott Wm Eastman FunnyBoy at netnet.net
Mon Jan 26 09:19:03 PST 2004

I've got David Pogue's book (The Missing Manual for iMovie) and I've gone
over the instructions forward and backward on how to insert a photo clip
over the video track without disrupting the sound.

This is what I've done (see if you can see what I'm missing...)

1. Make sure that "Extract Audio in Paste Over" is selected in the
preferences

2. Select the photo in the clips panel and copy it to the clipboard

3. Select the area I'd like to replace using the scrubber bar and triangles

4. Select Paste Over at Playhead from the Advanced menu

The result? The photo clip gets put right where it belongs but the audio
gets cut out.

Contrary to Pogue's book, I've also tried it with the "Extract Audio in
Paste Over" deselected... To no avail...

Any ideas?

I'm
:o)
Scott

--
Until you have something worth dying for ....
     You're not really living.

                        - Rebecca St. James