[MacDV] iMovie::Overlaying Photo onto Video Track

Chuck Kay chuckkay at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 10:16:40 PST 2004

On Jan 26, 2004, at 12:19 PM, Scott Wm Eastman wrote:

> I've got David Pogue's book (The Missing Manual for iMovie) and I've
> gone
> over the instructions forward and backward on how to insert a photo
> clip
> over the video track without disrupting the sound.

It should work Scott. I have found there is a bug in iMovie when you do
something like this. First, make sure the audio is being extracted when
you do a paste-over. You should see the extracted audio displayed in
the first audio track directly underneath where you inserted
(paste-over) your clip. Usually, you see the audio lock indicators as
well when the audio is extracted. Hearing no resulting audio has
happened to me a few times as well. What I do, is select the audio
track that was just extracted (it is highlighted). I then make sure the
"edit audio" checkbox is selected at the bottom of the timeline. Then
adjust the audio levels by either using the slider or manually in the
audio track. Even if it is already correctly set, do it anyway. Drag it
down to "0" and then back up to "100%". This usually solves this
problem for me. Drag your playhead to just before the inserted clip,
and play. See if that solves your problem.