[MacDV] Re: A>D

matblack at mac.com matblack at mac.com
Thu Jul 8 16:27:51 PDT 2004

yeah... I've been thinking of that as well... The camera I have is
pretty good... and to buy another similar one just to get passthrough
seems... something. Also I did check into it and to get a better one
jumps the whole endeavor up a couple of hundred bucks at least.

I just have a bunch of VHS I want to digitize and edit and something
that can translate my pixel vision camera... someone suggested I get it
dumped at a service, but for the amount of tape I have it comes out to
$300 or something so I thought I'd get a converter instead for about
the same price.

On Jul 8, 2004, at 7:03 PM, ShirleyK wrote:

> Usually at this point, someone makes a point to check the prices of
> cheap videocams with pass-through feature. That way, you also have a
> camera at the end of this project.
>
> Shirley
>
> On Jul 8, 2004, at 12:50 PM, matblack at mac.com wrote:
>
>> I need to get a converter of some sort. Is the consensus to get the
>> Canopus?
>>
>> I was going to get a bunch of VHS dumped but figure for the same
>> price I can own something and transfer stuff from my Pixel Vision as
>> well...
>>
>> So any good suggestions on a converter appreciated.

> digest version.

> <http://www.macresq.com>

Matthew Guemple
c. 646.734.6601