4-pin & 7-pin s-video cables

Claire Hart hart at arn.net
Fri Jul 9 11:56:20 PDT 2004

I just received my powerbook, and began to install FCE.  The PDF
"Installing Your Software" recommends that, before you install FCE, you
connect and turn on your video equipment so Final Cut Express can
automatically detect your method of video capture.  I got my Sony
miniDV camcorder out and found that its S-video is 4-pin and the
powerbook's S-video is 7-pin.  Is my solution as simple as buying an
adaptor such as this one I found through google?
http://www.svideo.com/7pin.html

I also have another cable that came with the camcorder, an i.Link
interface.  With this cable, do I not even need to worry about the
S-video?  I've lost the manual that came with the camcorder.

I have a ProScan Hi-8 camcorder as well that I'd like to transfer over
to DVDs, so I might need that cable after all.

Thanks for your advice,
Claire