iDVD4 Problems

Karl Hayden khayden at iol.ie
Tue Jun 1 19:17:40 PDT 2004

Since updating to iDVD4 I have not had one successfully completed
project burn to a DVD. I have tried everything I can think of to get
past the problem.

1: It was suggested that there might be a problem if I had clipped a
music track imported from iTunes. Well I reworked the project and did
not clip any music tracks imported from iTunes... STILL NO LUCK.

2: I even exported the finished iMovie project back to my DV camera and
started a new project with the project imported fresh.... STILL NO
LUCK.

3: I trashed any copies of the old project on my hard disk... STILL NO
LUCK

4: I reformatted the project in iMovie before sending it to iDVD...
STILL NO LUCK

5: I read on one iDVD help site that trashing the iDVD preferences file
in the preferences folder in the Library might help... STILL NO LUCK

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me....

a: I keep getting error messages saying 'error #8'

b: I checked the console.log file to see what was there, the following
is it's report. If anyone can workout what is going wrong from this
information I would dearly love to hear from you.
2004-06-02 00:54:45.927 iDVD[541] sendQueuedMessage: Could not send the
port message!
2004-06-02 01:00:47.006 iDVD[541] sendQueuedMessage: Could not send the
port message!
iDVD: Burn started, Wed Jun  2 01:01:22 2004
iDVD: Burning to DVD-R media with DAO strategy in PIONEER DVD-RW
DVR-104 A227 via ATAPI.
iDVD: Requested DVD burn speed was 47x, actual burn speed is 1x.
iDVD: Burn underrun protection is supported, and enabled.
iDVD: Burn failed, Wed Jun  2 01:01:35 2004
iDVD: Burn sense: 8/00/00 Blank Check, No additional sense information
iDVD: Burn error: 0x80020060 The device drained its buffer without burn
underrun protection.
iDVD: Burn started, Wed Jun  2 01:25:03 2004
iDVD: Burning to DVD-R media with DAO strategy in PIONEER DVD-RW
DVR-104 A227 via ATAPI.
iDVD: Requested DVD burn speed was 47x, actual burn speed is 1x.
iDVD: Burn underrun protection is supported, and enabled.
iDVD: Burn failed, Wed Jun  2 01:25:13 2004