[MacDV] Importing From DVD

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sat Jun 5 06:01:14 PDT 2004

This is a popular question on this and the iMovie list. Just before
your message in my mailbox is an answer to the same question in the
iMovie list:

Op 5-jun-04 om 1:55 heeft ShirleyK het volgende geschreven:

> Except that the "free" procedure requires the $30 QuickTime Pro from
> Apple.
>
> Shirley
>
> On Jun 4, 2004, at 12:28 AM, Hans de Bijl wrote:
>
>> Hi listas,
>>
>> There are several programs who do this. You'll have to pay for them.
>>
>> http://www.dvdxdv.com/
>> http://www.kaisakura.com/Forty-Two_DVDVX_Plus.html
>> http://www.mpeg2works.2ya.com/
>>
>> But you can do it for free also.
>> Rip the part of the dvd to your computer with MacTheRipper. View them
>> with VLC or YadeX
>> Demux the vob's to ac3 and mv2 with BBDemux
>> ac3 to aiff with mAC3dec
>> mv2 to mov with quicktime
>> Combine both with QT and save as .dv
>> Open in iMovie
>> Done
>>
>> Links to software on my site.
>> www.hansdebijl.tk
>>
>> Regards
>> Hans de Bijl

Buried in the long headers of MacDV messages is the archive, which you
may want to search for more details and options:

Also, you may be able to search the archives of the iMovie list:

To view the list archives or change your delivery preference please go
to:
Yahoo! Groups Links

Be aware that you won't get the same quality back. The movie was
greatly compressed when converted to the DVD format. If you think you
may want to redo DVD projects in the future, be sure to keep your
original footage or at least your finished iMovie before sending it to
iDVD.

Shirley