PAL DVD question

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Jun 14 11:32:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

We had a guy come into to our centre today from some island near Singapore. He's
been taping the sights around here, Niagara Falls etc...on his Panasonic
NV-DS15 DV camera. He wants to edit the tape and burn it onto a DVD here before
he goes back home but his camera is PAL. I intially tried to play his tape on
our JVC VCR but it didn't work then I plugged his cam straight into the
computer via FW and it's downloading nicely in iMovie. Now iMovie is saying the
signal is PAL will I be able to play back his clips once there in the computer
on our NTSC TV and would I be able to burn a DVD here that will playback on his
PAL DVD player? What would be the best strategy?

thanx

Richard

--
Richard Gilmore