[MacDV] Re: what to get... or rent?

matblack at mac.com matblack at mac.com
Thu Jun 24 09:58:15 PDT 2004

Thanks for the input so far... let me approach this another way.
I have a miniDV cam already. Buying another with passthrough is
tempting, because who does not want another camera? BUT...

Am I correct in assuming that the footage from two different cameras
two different formats won't match? that would clearly reduce the
usefulness of two cams.

Is there a clear advantage to buying a Converter, that I would miss out
on by utilizing a camera instead?

Is there a clear advantage of miniDV over D8? Aside from size and the
fact that the format seems to be dying out?

As far as I can tell so far, I can get a canopus for around $300. And
it seems I can get an ok  miniDV for around $400. The DCR-TRV350 (D8)
seems to run about the same.

TIA

Matthew Guemple
c. 646.734.6601