exporting VOB files

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Sat Mar 6 17:25:30 PST 2004

A tough one I think...

I have some DVD-Rs which I burned in Toast (UDF) using VIDEO_TS files
which were authored on a PC. I tried to burn them a couple times in
various ways with the help of suggestions from the list members. But in
the end, they still would not play on my home deck (others do).

So I am considering re-authoring them using iDVD. I can playback and
export the VOB files via the analogue SVHS output on one computer, and
go via a Canopus D/A converter into iMovie on another computer. But I
fear losing picture quality through this process.

Is there a way to somehow export directly from one computer to another
without D/A converting twice? Both computers are firewire equipped.

Thanks in advance,

Rick