Video CD

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Tue Mar 9 06:53:58 PST 2004

On 3/8/04 at 9:24 PM, Gary D. Long" <txglong at sc2000.net> transmitted the
following electronic message:

>The word I couldn't think of in my previous post was ASTARTE. Making a
>video CD in this version of Toast (3.52 I think) Toast tells you to
>use ASTARTE. Does anyone know what ASTARTE is
>
>Gary Long

Astarte is (was) a German company that produced a number of encoders and
decoders. Apple acquired most of their technology a few years ago. Their
product, M.Pack, is the item in which you're interested, but that hasn't
been commercially available since before the release of OS X :)

I don't know of anyone who is still using it. I know that my last copy
was on an old 8500 that I donated to a school when I got my B&W G3 (four
years ago).

--
Dennis R. Cohen