[MacDV] DVD copy info

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Fri Mar 12 06:31:10 PST 2004

DVD2oneX:

http://www.dvd2one.com/trial.php

1. It's easy (REALLY EASY)

2. It's fast (REALLY FAST - faster than real-time on my lowly G4/867)

3. The quality is superb. (looks as good as the original, and sometimes
even plays better since the bitrate is lower)

4. It's not too cheap at $50, but if you value your DVD collection like
I value mine, then it's worth it -- if the kiddies scratch up a copy,
you can make a new one.

You'll need to burn the resulting "TS" folders created by DVD2one onto
a disc in UDF format.  I know Toast Titanium can do this, but not sure
about the "Lite" version.  Toast Ti *cannot*, however, re-compress the
original "TS" folders extracted with DVDBackup -- that's what DVD2one
is for (taking a DVD larger than a DVD-R and squeezing it to fit on a
4.7 GB DVD-R disc).

- Mark