[MacDV] Playing a Mac generated DVD on Windows XP

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sun Mar 14 16:46:09 PST 2004

I believe your PC DVD-rom is at fault.  I have had similar experiences
with 3 or year old PC lap-tops they either don't play them or play them
but have poor performance (sound drop outs, jerky video etc.).  Compaq
Pllls with Toshiba optical drives have spotty performance with -R
media.  Probably the same performance issues would be present on
desk-tops that are one or two years older than that.

Gerhard

On Mar 14, 2004, at 6:39 PM, CFlatow wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have a DVD that was clearly created on a Mac (there's a nice Apple
> logo on the lower left corner of the opening screen).
>
> It opens and plays on my TiBook.
> It opens and plays on my DVD player connected to my TV set.
> I can get the opening screen to show up on the InterActual Player that
> came with my Windows XP machine, on which I have successfully played
> standard DVD movies, but after I click on the opening page in the
> InterActual player, instead of the movie, all I get is a solid blank
> green screen in the payer window.
>
> Does anybody PLEASE have any suggestions what I might use to get it to
> play on the Windows machine?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

Gerhard Kuhn