[MacDV] iDVD encoding

Geoffrey Knauth geoff at knauth.org
Fri Mar 19 06:55:36 PST 2004

On an 800MHz G4 I find it takes 3t to encode and t/5 to burn to DVD.
For example, one hour of video takes 3 hours to encode and 12 minutes
to burn.  It surprised me too how long it takes.  Yesterday someone was
telling me it's the audio encoding that takes the most time.  It's not
just iDVD--Toast Titanium takes just as long.  I've decided encoding is
best done overnight.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk