[MacDV] Re: iDVD encoding

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Fri Mar 19 11:15:19 PST 2004

Wait a second now...  iDVD doesn't encode from the "TS" folders, it CREATES
them, so how did you actually do this -- step-by-step?  Did you encode the
audio into AC3 with A.Pack then "Add" that to your iMovie project's
referencing movie with QuickTime Player?  And if you have A.Pack, you
probably have DVD SP, so what's the point of using iDVD anyway?

Maybe I'm dense, but what you're describing doesn't sound possible with
iDVD, unless maybe there are some hacks you're performing on the iDVD
project file?

Can you just stick an AC3 audio file in the AUDIO_TS folder of a DVD and
have it be recognized as an audio track for the DVD?  I thought there was
more to it than that...

Can you enlighten me (us)?

- Mark