[MacDV] Re: Bizarre Final Cut Pro Problem

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Fri Mar 19 18:28:21 PST 2004

Ah, this triggers something. One of our user group members suddenly had
a problem with 2 external FW drives. He exhausted all the resources of
the user group online, so he packed up everything and took it to the
Apple store. When he got there, the two drives showed up with no
problem. The solution was to completely disconnect the computer from
all power. The "genius" said there is something about the always
connected to power that prevents a complete shutdown (or something to
that effect).

If you try this, leave everything unplugged for 5 - 10 minutes.

Shirley