Bizarre Final Cut Pro Problem & Internet Virus--MacDV Digest #2644

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Sun Mar 21 16:20:49 PST 2004

To see where an e-mail started and where it's been, check the headers.
You can check suspicious e-mails on OSX's "Mail" client by clicking on
the "long headers" button in your toolbar, or going to the main menu
and then View>Message>Long Headers.

Other people who have received something supposedly from you can
compare an e-mail ACTUALLY sent from you with one of the suspects and
see where it came from and where it traveled on its way (what servers
and IP addresses it passed through) on its way to them.

It can also help you backtrack and let the real sender know they've got
a problem.

Ted.

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA