Video Import Problems

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Mar 22 10:12:45 PST 2004

We've got a JVC HR-DVS3U VCR connected to a G4, OSX 10.3, iMovie 3, via a FW
cable and sometimes when we import video there is a line at the bottom of the
picture. It's a little hard to describe but the video is there with sound that's
ok, except for this line at the bottom of the picture. It looks like it contains
video information and it moves with the picture. There doesn't seem to be a way
to remove it and it shows up on the DVD when you burn it. Does anybody know what
this is and how to correct the problem?

thanks

Richard