The end of the Devideon Saga (I hope)

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 23 09:10:41 PST 2004

Going on the information posted here about versions of the Mac OS prior to 10.3 not being able to use DVD+R discs, I just tried using a DVD-R disc with Toast and can now report success. I was able to copy a DVD or my short movie finally. I did find something in a Toast Read Me that might be of interest. Apparently if Buffer Underrun Protection is checked, the DVD will not be playable in many consumer DVD players nor will be suitable for commercial mastering.

Now to try out the authoring software and see if I can build a DVD the way I would like.

Thanks for all your help!

-Dave