Help - DVDSP 2 will not install on my Powerbook

Peter Payne peter2 at jlist.com
Thu Mar 25 07:20:59 PST 2004

DVD studio pro 2 will not install on my Powerbook 17 inch (rev A) and
this build number. Not sure why.

I click the installer and it loads, checks what scripts it needs to
run, has me click on the agreement, then as its trying to find the
amount of space on the disks, the installer quits back to the Finder,
without a message saying "the application quit." I cleared 20 gb of
space for the installation but it did not want to work. Installing
the packages individually seems to work, but there's still no joy.
DVD Studio Pro installs if I install it with the individual
installer, but when launched, it starts to load, does a few bounces
in the dock, then quits with no explanation. I upgraded to 2.0.5
using the Software Update control panel, but it does the same thing.
For the record, my PBG417 has a Superdrive, so that should not be the
cause. I am able to burn DVD-Rs too. Sadly, the inability to get this
program working may cause a huge delay in my work, as I am leaving on
a business trip and planned to do my work on the road. :(

Hope someone can help. The software seems to be installed but it is
refusing to load. The same version works great on my G4 (too big to
take with me on my business trip).
--
J-LIST http://www.jlist.com

Interested in my life in Japan? See the Peter Payne homepage at
http://www.peterpayne.net/