OSX and SCSI

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu May 6 08:45:20 PDT 2004

Hi it's a 2906. In the system profiler under kernal extensions it lists 4
Adpatec drivers only one of which is loaded which appears to be the SCSI
driver.

it says:

Adaptec290X-2930:

  Version:        1.1.0
  Last Modified:        20/02/02 11:55 AM
  Get Info String:        Adaptec 290X/2930 SCSI Driver version 1.1.0, Copyright
(c)
2000-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
  Location:        /System/Library/Extensions/Adaptec290X-2930.kext
  kext Version:        1.1.0
  Loaded:        Yes
  Valid:        Yes
  Authentic:        Yes
  Dependencies:        Satisfied

Nonetheless it doesn't work. (In Panther 10.3.3)

The Adaptec website requires a special "TSID" number or the SN for them to
provide support. This card was installed almost 5 years ago needless to say
those numbers are long gone. Couldn't they imagine an instance where a consumer
would have neither of those numbers anymore. Just leaving us out in the cold
like this is not cool nor good customer relations if you ask me.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanx

Richard