[MacDV] Re: OSX and SCSI

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu May 6 09:12:16 PDT 2004

There was something under PCI/AGP

pci9004,7850:

  Type:	SCSI Bus Controller
  Bus:	PCI
  Slot:	SLOT-4
  Vendor ID:	0x9004
  Device ID:	0x5078
  Subsystem Vendor ID:	0x9004
  Subsystem ID:	0x7850
  Revision ID:	0x0003

There's nothing listed under the SCSI tab though. I scan through Photoshop using
the Nikon plugin it gives me an error saying it cannot find any scanner. There
was a number on a sticker on the card itself 1780600 A which from what I can
tell has the wrong number of digits to be the SN. I emailed Adaptec anyway but
I'm not holding my breath.

Thanx

Richard

Quoting "Mark M. Florida" <markf at squareblue.com>:

> On 5/6/04 10:45 AM, Richard Gilmore at rgilmor at uwo.ca wrote:
>
> > The Adaptec website requires a special "TSID" number or the SN for them to
> > provide support.
>
> It's not actually printed on the card itself?  Or is it worn off?
>
> Are you trying to use the Image Capture app for scanning?
>
> Does the scanner and/or card show up in the list of attached devices in
> System Profiler?  I've got an Adaptec 2930 in my G4 here at work, and it
> shows up under the PCI/AGP cards section in System Profiler, but since I
> have no devices attached to it, there's nothing listed in the "SCSI"
> section.
>
> Help any?
>
> - Mark

> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest