OSX and SCSI

Samuel Barksdale samueldb at webspeed.dk
Mon May 10 13:23:25 PDT 2004

on 07/05/04 14:24, Richard Gilmore at rgilmor at uwo.ca wrote:

> This is a little bit off topic but I was wondering if anybody could help or
> direct me to a resource about   this. I've got G4 with an Adaptec SCSI card.
> recently upgraded from OS9 to OSX. The SCSI card is for a Nikon Coolscan
> negative scanner. The SCSI card worked fine under OS9 but I can't get it to
> work under OSX. I've installed the software from the Adaptec website and the
> proper Nikon software but the machine does not see the SCSI card in the first
> place. It comes up no information found in the system profiler. Has anybody
> had
> any experience with this problem?
>
> Thanx
>
> Richard

I've had the same problem. If you are using Panther, the file
IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext is the problem (In my case). My Agfa Duoscan SCSI
scanner worked up until 10.2.8. When I upgraded to Panther, it stopped
working. I replaced the Panther IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext file with the one
from 10.2.8 and my computer could see and use my scanner again. I booted
into OS 9 when I changed out the files. I've heard (but don't know if it's
true) that changing out the files logged in as root or while booted from
another OS X disk may not work. Don't know why.

Samuel