Re type for FCP HD 4.5

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Mon May 10 21:40:50 PDT 2004

Mark: I'm submitting Tiff stills and doing the dissolves via photoshop.

But you bring up a great point.  Most of the $ they are charging is for
the rendering - they're using FCP HD 4.5 now.  I'm going to start a new
message re what I'd need for rendering?

Thanks Lynn

If the final thing is going
out to TIFF anyway, just use TIFFs.  Are you rendering the dissolves
yourself for the TIFF output?  Or just supplying the TIFFs as stills to
the
HD place doing the film output?  You might be able to do that...
Although
with the money you'd pay them to do it you could probably buy yourself a
copy of After Effects and you could render it yourself...

Or if you have Final Cut Pro (any version, I believe) you could make a
custom project at the full resolution you're outputting to and use FCP
render the titles...