[MacDV] Re: OSX and SCSI

Richard Brown richard at go2rba.com
Wed May 19 20:50:34 PDT 2004

There is definitely an issue here. I can no longer use my DLT tape
drive for DVD mastering on OS X 10.3.3.

My LVD SCSI card from Adaptec only occasionally can be seen by System
Profiler, but usually not. It is quite NEW, and formerly very robust.

I use quality, active termination, and had 100% success with SCSI prior
to 10.3.3. Now, if it weren't for an amiable replicator who will
master, fingers crossed, from media originating on the amateur
Superdrive DVD-R, I would have body parts missing by way of an
non-understanding corporate client.

I tried reinstalling all drivers, moving the $300+ LVD SCSI card to
different slots, different cables, different SCSI ID's different
booting routines... and nothing would bring up this relatively new,
under 30 hours of use, DLT drive, which passes its own self test every
time it's booted. It has become a very expensive paperweight. As I need
to author out of DVD Studio Pro, it is useless moving the thing to a
machine not doing authoring, as I only have a 10/100 network. All those
gigs.... Must be direct.

Should I find a solution, I will post here.

Richard Brown
www.go2rba.com