[MacDV] DVD-R 2x?

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Thu May 20 16:23:07 PDT 2004

Reliability is the key. The rated speed has very little correlation to how the discs
work, at least in my Mac. I use 3 different Apple burners plus a  Pioneer on a Sony
Vaio. Each one has a disc brand and speed that works perfectly. None of the 4 are the
same media, however.

I recommend you buy a sample pack from SuperMedia

http://www.supermediastore.com/dvdmedia.html

That way, you can test burn until you find the one that works for you. Be sure you try
playback in the DVD home deck you will use, too. Sometimes the Mac plays fine but the
consumer machine doesn't.

R.B.