[MacDV] Capturing DV Right To mac

Robert Rothgery rfrothgery at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 10:10:32 PDT 2004

Do it all the time.  Our interview shows are recorded as separate
streams onto to 3 macs with external drives.  Each records through a
deck or media converter.  Regretfully, analog input is Y/C but our
community media facility can work with it.  Each camera is linked to a
hard drive and the combined streams are posted in Final Cut Pro.  There
is only one audio recording.  The combined streams are edited like a
banana.  Peeling away the top layers reveals the interviewer or another
camera position.  When the edit is complete a self contained QuickTime®
movie is made and the original media deleted.

Sounds like you just need to record one stream. Just plug your DV
camera into a VCR output.  Use S if you can.  If you are using FCP then
choose the "Non Controllable Device" setting in the log and capture
window.

Expect to consume 25GB.

Robert Rothgery