[MacDV] Re: Digital Video Quality

Charles Pearson pearson at tidewaterbaptist.org
Thu May 27 13:51:44 PDT 2004

I took the advice and sent a portion of a soccer game back to DV tape
from iMovie. The image was just a good as the original. Thanks for the
help there. As Erica pointed out the more the motion, the poorer
quality the DVD image. I guess that I was expecting near commercial DVD
quality from my own iDVD/Toast projects. Alas, that appears to be the
proverbial "pipe dream". If I send the movie right to iDVD from iMovie,
will I get the best image possible? Does DVD-R media matter? Do I need
to keep a copy of the original on DV Tape for future use (as in further
edit sessions, I do not want or have the room to keep my projects on my
drive)? Was kinda hoping the the DVD would become the new archive as
well, but I guess poor image quality and the fact that I do not know
how to record my DVDs back to my computer makes that a no-go. Oh, my
poor little head is just so full of questions <smile>.