[MacDV] Past contributor,

sk ksay11081 at mac.com
Mon Nov 1 14:30:27 PST 2004

On Monday, November 1, 2004, at 07:18 AM, Lene Wangmo wrote:

> On 11/1/04 5:57 AM, "Gerhard Kuhn" <gerhardk at mac.com> wrote:
>> ??
>
>> Not sure I understand the subtleties of your post.
>>
>> On Monday, November 01, 2004, at 07:43AM, Lene Wangmo
>> <wangmo at earthlink.net>

> I love my country too much to be able to any longer tolerate watching
> it
> destroyed from within by the theocratic fascist regime of the Shrub.  A

Despite the verbal attacks and put downs by both sides, for me this
election goes beyond Bush and Kerry.  A famous writer named, Dante
said,  "The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who in time of
crisis remain neutral."   And according to , Edmund Burke, "For evil to
triumph, it is only necessary for good men to do nothing."  Therefore,
this election, I will vote for the "issue" that matters most -- the
right to life for the unborn -- those who are most vulnerable and are
not able to speak for themselves.

Many people have told me this election is about "the wrong war" and
about jobs and health care, taxes, etc.  Yes, those issues are
important -- they affect most people and me.  But, I submit that if, as
a country, we continue to support a law that makes it "legal" to kill
over 4,000 babies a day (that's per day) for the sake of convenience,
our country as we know it will suffer collapse from its own selfish
bent.   History shows that when a civilization resorts to killing its
young, it is doomed to defeat and/or extinction.  We have become a
nation that idolizes the pursuit of pleasure and avoiding pain at all
costs -- of blaming the other guy and not taking responsibility for our
own actions -- of turning a blind eye when called on to stand up to
speak out against unjust behavior.  It's time to begin reversing this
trend.  I want my grand children to grow up in a society that protects
their right to think critically and protects the rights of the less
fortunate.

Putting all politics and spin aside, we have two choices in this
election -- to vote for life or to continue to support the legal
destruction of life.  I choose to protect the unborn by voting for
life.  The issues of war, jobs, health care, social security and taxes
don't even matter if you don't have life to experience them.  This is
where I put my stake in the ground when I'm called to account for my
voting decision.  I hope you will find some wisdom in this and vote
your conscience on November 2nd.