[MacDV] Past contributor,

matblack at mac.com matblack at mac.com
Tue Nov 2 20:24:25 PST 2004

My apologies to the list but I cannot let this pass. Especially in
light of the way the election seems to be going.

I not only find this post annoying but offensive as well. You espouse a
society based on critical thinking and compassion, yet you fail to hold
yourself to either. Not to mention the (I assume) religious
affiliations you hold has been the touchstone for the slaughter of
millions and the doctrine by which countless cultures and civilizations
have been eradicated.

The practice of "killing ones young" is certainly not unique to this
country, and has been practiced for ages when too many females were
born to "peasant" families whom could not support another. Because for
most of the world (unlike europe and NA) the government does not
support the poor. Women need dowries and hence become burdens. The
logic being it is better to kill one than for all of them to starve or
suffer.

Perhaps if we did make this election about jobs and health care and
taxes, we would have the time to develop a more compassionate nature as
a culture. If you would poke your head out of your shell for a moment
and look at the marvelous array of culture and belief systems that
exist somewhere outside of your gated community, perhaps you too would
see that abortion is the least of our worries.