[MacDV] Will Bush win? The true Republican "Base" return of sardonicus

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Nov 3 16:30:44 PST 2004

On Wednesday, November 3, 2004, at 07:28  PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> Whose God was it though??  Does that make Hindus, Muslims, Jews,
> Buddhists, Native Americans and thousands of other non-Christian
> religions less legitimate.  That is were I am perplexed freedom as
> long as you agree with me and if you don't you are on the road to hell
> anyway.

Well it is true that originally freedom of religion applied almost
exclusively to some or other variant of Christianity.
But just as women were recognized as legitimate voters ( not that long
ago) and Africans were
admitted to be people, so other religions have also acquired
constitutional protection.
  Secular government under an all-inclusive God and laws based on
Rationality and compassion,
are supposed to be the result.