[MacDV] 1.8 single or 2 gb dual?

Steve Jackson vtstream at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 04:37:27 PST 2004

Finally, I'm getting a new Mac!
But still trying to decide on a 1.8 single imac or
a 2 gigahertz dual processer power mac. Since the
intended use is primarily for video editing I realize
that bigger, better and faster is the way to go.
Unfortunately money IS an issue.
Will a 1.8 gigahertz imac with 512mb memory upgrade do
the job? Since rendering speed is not currently a
primary issue with me, will the lesser machine be
adequate?  As I see it, the only thing I can't do is
run two separate
monitors. Seems the 20 inch screen and a video out
adapter to a TV should be OK. Any thoughts?