[MacDV] 1.8 single or 2 gb dual?

Richard Dalziel-Sharpe dalshar at optushome.com.au
Mon Nov 8 04:23:57 PST 2004

On 07/11/2004, at 11:37 PM, Steve Jackson wrote:

> Finally, I'm getting a new Mac!
> But still trying to decide on a 1.8 single imac or
> a 2 gigahertz dual processer power mac.

I started video editing on a 200 megahertz 7200 powermac with a G3
upgrade card, then a G4 400. Yes, you can create digital video using a
1.8 ghz Mac. If your bugdet constrains you to this, then invest in as
much ram and HD space as you can. These two factors are as important as
raw processor speed. That said, if you can squeeze out or justyify to
the spouse the extra moolah to get the dual processor Mac, then go for
it, it will save you lots and lots of WAIT time.
and time is money.
Richard Dalziel-Sharpe