[MacDV] Dual Monitor

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Wed Nov 10 07:03:42 PST 2004

On Wednesday, November 10, 2004, at 00:12AM, darrell <takecare at telus.net> wrote:

>In upgrading to Panther I lost the use of my Xclaim 3d, 8 mg video card
>(running a second monitor). In researching the problem I found it to be a universal
>problem as the card is not supported under OS Panther. Sadly my only recourse at the time was
>to uninstall and go back to Jag. I have a G4 933... 768 mg Ram.
>
>Any advise on a "affordable" solution to finding a second monitor card
>that will function under Panther. It's the old not wanting to spend more money on the older
>technology.

Used ATi Rage 128 16Mb cards are going for about $35 on ebay:

<http://search.ebay.com/rage-128-16mb-pci_Apple-Macintosh-Computers_W0QQcatrefZC12QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQsacategoryZ4599QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1>

TinyURL:
<http://tinyurl.com/58q4f>

ATi Radeon PCI's are going for about $65 on ebay:
<http://search.ebay.com/radeon-pci_Apple-Macintosh-Computers_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR10QQsacategoryZ4599Q26catrefQ3DC6QQsosortpropertyZ1Q26sosortorderQ3D1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch>

TinyURL:
<http://tinyurl.com/4p4wp>

Or Sonnet sells a card for $100
<http://sonnettech.com/product/sonata_sd.html>

ATi has a new PCI card for sale for $100-$150 at various retailers:
<http://ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200me/index.html>

Good luck,
--
Nick Scalise