[MacDV] Re: Novice Question on Image Quality

Vtstream vtstream at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 10:30:27 PST 2004

Well, the real reason I was asking the question is because I want to buy a camera and have a limited budget. Since I can borrow a 3 ccd camera to do most of my shooting,
I still want to be able to play the mini dv cassettes into my computer and thought that if
I bought a pretty good single ccd camera, I could do this when the 3CCD camera is not available and save some money.
This way I can get at least some sort of camera to own and still be able to play the
tapes without degrading the image quality.
Any suggestions on a decent single ccd camera that will play mini dv tape from a sony trv950 and a canon GL2?  I'm particularly interested in a camera that has superior sound recording ability. I realize this request may go a bit off topic but would appreciate input.
Thanks

SteveJ

animal <animal at cuug.ab.ca> wrote:
If the original tape is important, do your initial test with a second
tape from the 3CCD. If the single CCD camcorder can play the test tape
- then go ahead with your original tape transfer.

Image quality will not be affected by the single CCD - I've tested this
in photoshop.

Lynn