[MacDV] Question

darrell takecare at telus.net
Wed Nov 17 16:21:03 PST 2004

I shoot wedding videos for a living using my Sony VX2000 and a borrowed
Canon GL1. Because
of pinch roller alignment issues the tapes shot in the GL1 will not play
back properly in the Sony.
The video will play back ok but the audio drops frames. I have to use
the correct camera to transfer
the footage into the computer. I have learnt through research that pinch
roller alignment and playback
are a very real concern and I would caution anyone to be aware of this
issues when making plans to
use different cameras. A question I have is... do pro mini DV "DECKS"
have adjustable pinch rollers ?
P.S I think the GL1 sucks... and there has got to be a better camera for
the money. Love the VX2000...

Darrell