[MacDV] Sony GV-D800 video player

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Nov 29 10:02:51 PST 2004

Hi everybody,

We just got a Sony GV-D800 portable Hi-8/Digital 8mm player with a 2 inch
LCD screen. It's got a FW output but iMovie doesn't see it and we can't get
any video from it into the computer. We're using a G4/ 10.3.5 and iMove 3.
It does show up in the system profiler under firewire devices but that's as
far it goes. I didn't buy it and it was just dumped on my lap to try and
figure out but I know they bought it specifically to digitize the old Hi-8mm
analog tape.

Any thoughts on how this can be made to work?

Thanx

Richard