[MacDV] Re: Newbie? AVI to DVD

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Nov 30 16:39:35 PST 2004

Both iDVD and Toast 6 will create the MPEG2 files for you.
All you need to do in iDVD is open it up, create a new project, pick a
template, and then import your movie.
You can use the drag and drop method, or you can use the File>Import method.

You can customize the text, the buttons, and the background image, if you
want.
Check to see if the iDVD preferences are set to encode in background or not.
If encode in background is checked, you must wait until it finishes encoding
before clicking the burn button. Click on the Status tab in the customize
pane. If background encoding is not checked, then clicking on the burn
button will start it off. Expect it to take anywhere from 1/2 hour to 8
hours to encode, depending upon the length of your movie and the speed of
your computer processor.

 regards,

 sb