[MacDV] jpeg and psd files from pc to mac

Djwp djwp1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 19:18:24 PST 2004

Normally, I have no problem moving jpegs between my pc and my mac (G5).
  Often, I network the two of them together and swap files.  You say you
burned the files on the PC and tried to open them on the G5?   I'm
assuming this means you created a data CD.  Are you trying to open the
files directly from the CD or did you copy them from the superdrive to
your hard-drive first?  Normally, I copy to my hard-drive and open the
files from there.  Also, be sure that the extension (.jpg) followed the
files over to your G5.  I have noted that in swapping files from OSX to
Windows, often the extension does not follow and, hence, Windows cannot
recognize the file.  I simply add the extension to the file name and
this solves the problem.  Although, I've never seen this occur the
other way around (from the PC to my G5), it wouldn't hurt to check.
Otherwise, I imagine the Mac will not know what application to open the
files with (the same problem as I encounter going from Mac to PC).

Just a few simple things to check.  Hope it helps.