[MacDV] DVD-R Speed

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 5 14:35:46 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, October 5, 2004, at 04:48  PM, Dorothy Hennings wrote:

> Go to www.dvdhs.com/usa.htme and also
> www.apple.com/hardware/superdrive/
>

> On Tuesday, October 5, 2004, at 01:34 PM, Steve Robertson wrote:
>
>> I know this question has cropped up several times, but maybe someone
>> with a thorough knowledge of the subject can give us a comprehensive
>> guide to buying DVD-Rs.

The Apple page above answered my question, but you have to read the
whole page carefully to find it. What it says is that all SuperDrives
with the firmware upgrade can use 4X or even 8X DVD-R blanks, but the
SuperDrive writes to these high speed blanks at only 1X. If you use a
2X blank, the SuperDrive will write to it at 2X.

Steve R.