[MacDV] Burning Speeds

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Wed Oct 6 09:52:32 PDT 2004

You can just copy the "VIDEO_TS" folder to your hard drive and burn from the
master (the "AUDIO_TS" may not necessarily need to be included -- I usually
include an empty "AUDIO_TS" folder for the sake of compatibility, but it's
not an absolute must).

Make sure Toast is set to burn a data disc in the "UDF" format, and make
sure the title of your disc is in ALL_CAPS with only letters, numbers and
underscores in the title (an old-school compatibility leftover that doesn't
hurt to comply with).

Or I guess you could just save a disc image using Toast.  ;-)  (I think
that's what you said in the first place...)

As far as speed goes, I don't think it matters much, but some people will
tell you the slower you burn the less problems you'll have with playback.
Saying that, 4x is probably safe.

Hope that helps.

- Mark