[MacDV] Burning Speeds

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 7 05:52:08 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 12:52  PM, Mark M. Florida wrote:

> As far as speed goes, I don't think it matters much, but some people
> will
> tell you the slower you burn the less problems you'll have with
> playback.
> Saying that, 4x is probably safe.

Toast allows you to choose a burn speed for DVD-Rs? That would seem to
contradict the information from Apple that I relayed a couple of days
ago. Apple says that if you insert a 1X, 4X or 8X blank in a
SuperDrive, the blank is burned at only 1X. If Toast can override that
limitation, that would seem to be a very good reason to use it.

Has anyone had any success with creating a DVD with DVD Studio Pro and
a SuperDrive, then creating multiple copies with a higher speed
external DVD burner?

Steve R.