[MacDV] Soundtrack and Garageband

Lene Wangmo wangmo at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 08:32:59 PDT 2004

I wrote a song in Garageband, then wanted to import it into
Soundtrack to create a music video (slide show) to sync to it,
but couldn't figure out how to copy my Garageband stuff and
export it into Soundtrack.  Soundtrack has "Apple loops" but they
don't have the same names as the Apple loops in Garageband.

Do I have to create the MP3 (Garageband easily creates for iTunes),
which compresses the sound  (I don't want to do that, do I?) to
export Garageband creations into Soundtrack?  Or do I  have to
start all over in  Soundtrack, hunting through the loops in Sountrack
to try to find the loops that match Garageband sounds?  I know this
must be easy, but I'm such a flaming newbie, I can't figure it out, even
though I've searched the "help" files.

If it's possible to copy/paste (get my Garageband song into Soundtrack),
is there someone here on our list who can give this newbie
the  one, two, three (etc.) steps on how to do it? I love creating in
Garageband because it's really easy and fun to use compared to
creating in Soundtrack.  (I want to add a vocal track, too.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wangmo