[MacDV] Burning Speeds

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 7 11:47:04 PDT 2004

On Thursday, October 7, 2004, at 02:38  PM, K wrote:

> What I don't understand is why there is such a desperate want (need)
> to get to 8x now..Unless there is a life or death situation, it would
> seem to me that the older, slightly slower unit that is already paid
> for should suffice...

If you have a business where some of your clients want 50 copies of
their DVD project on DVD-R, the difference between 1X and 8X is huge.
And since I have the "older" 2X SuperDrive that only operates at top
efficiency with 2X blanks, I have to waste a lot of time trying to find
genuine 2X blanks with a white ink jet printable surface .....

Steve R.