[MacDV] Burning Speeds

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Thu Oct 7 15:44:15 PDT 2004

On 10/7/04 11:50 AM, Steve Robertson at stever at mindspring.com wrote:

> On the other hand, I just received a mail order catalog today that was
> trying to sell a top of the line G5 tower by pointing out that it comes
> with an 8X SuperDrive. So now all you folks with a 4X also have older
> obsolete equipment!

No, all you folks with your pokey 8X drives have old equipment, I just got
my 16X "SuperDrive" (Pioneer DVR-108) the other day (and it will do
dual-layer discs at 4X).  Even though I probably won't burn anything at 16X,
the drive was just as cheap (or cheaper?) than the 8X DVR-107, *PLUS* it
will do dual-layer discs (something like 8.5 GB per disc)!

:-P

- Mark