[MacDV] 4x or 8x better for 1x burning?

Tom Kirshbaum tom.kirshbaum at nau.edu
Wed Oct 13 20:27:29 PDT 2004

Some experienced disc burners on the list have suggested that, as burn power
stays constant at different burn speeds, slower burning makes deeper pits
and more universal reads.

Since I'm in no hurry, and I want zero coasters, will I get a better margin
of error burning at 1X on a 4X disc or on an 8X disc? Is there a difference
in the type or depth of the dye? In the manufacturing tolerances? Anything
else I should know?

I'll be burning Prodisc DVD-R (certified by Pioneer) with a Pioneer DVD-RW
DVR-105 installed in a 1.4 GHz (accelerated) G4 with 704 MB RAM. Running OS
X 10.2.8.

Thanks for any advice.

Tom