[MacDV] FCP 4.5 - Still video freeze question

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Oct 14 12:01:53 PDT 2004

On Thursday, October 14, 2004, at 02:42  PM, revDAVE wrote:

> Hello everybody ... This is my first time using this listserve.
>
> Using FCP 4.5
>
> Still video freeze question...
>
> When going from one clip to another in the time line - I would like to
> freeze on the last frame of the clip for a few seconds before
> proceeding to
> the next clip.  How do I do that?

Double click the clip so it goes into the viewer.
Set the cursor to the last frame and use the menu to make a freeze
frame.
drag it to the time line and trim. or visa versa

> re- render question ...
>
> Also, I captured some video in iMovie,  then imported it into final
> cut pro
> 4.5.  When  I dragged it into the timeline - it needed to re- render
> the
> audio for some reason that I am unaware of... I believe my settings
> were set
> so that the project was at 48 K audio and also the actual clip was
> already
> at 48 K audio ... So I don't know why it needed to be re- rendered...
> Any
> ideas? ( ... Was it maybe a stereo to dual  mono question or something
> like
> that?)

This is the difference between DV and DV stream. Simply and as I
understand it.:
In iMovie the audio and video are pretty much one thing and it takes a
command to even separate them on the timeline. In FCP they are more
independent  , though still one file in the capture folder.
  These are usually short renders and nothing to worry about.
JIm