[MacDV] Re: DV stream to DV MacDV Digest, Vol 2, Issue 10

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Sat Oct 16 19:50:20 PDT 2004

On 10/16/04 7:04 PM, "Ted Langdell" <ted at tedlangdell.com> wrote:

> Ted Langdell
> Ted Langdell Creative Broadcast Services
> Marysville, CA
>
> Find the iMovie clip you want to use, open it with Quicktime Player
> (Pro) and then export the clip as a DV file, NOT a DV Stream.
>
> When finished, open FCP and import into your video clips bin or
> wherever you're keeping the clips.
>
> That process should allow you to put into the timeline and not have to
> render each instance of the clip.
>
> Ted.

Thanks for your help Ted.  I loaded the clip into QuickTime player Pro
however I only saw an option for:  movie to DV stream - I did not see
anything that allowed me to create a DV file - ( I opened the Options tab -
but wasn't sure if that was appropriate)

...  am I missing something?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com